[occi-wg] JSON Rendering proposal, rev 2

Feldhaus, Florian florian.feldhaus at gwdg.de
Wed Feb 29 06:23:25 EST 2012

Hi Ralf,

at todays Plugfest Jamie Marshall, David Slik, Houssem Medhioub, Andy Edmonds, Thijs Metsch and I discussed about the JSON rendering. Your proposal was well received. For the entity rendering there was the suggestion to make it more intuitively usable. The main difference is, that the attributes should be directly accessible by name structure. e.g. make it possible to do the following commands in your favorite programming language:
var occi = GET /compute/123
occi.kind
occi.compute.cores
occi.my_mixin.my_attribute

The only thing we have to prohibit then is, that a single service provider has mixins from different domains with the same term and attributes.

In the category rendering we proposed to use special parameters for different attribute types. e.g. having min_length and max_length for strings and an array of bounds for integers or floats.

Here are some ideas:
http://pastebin.com/y2K7bu1S
http://pastebin.com/KLF4YKny

What do you think about them?