[occi-wg] JSON Rendering

Ralf Nyren ralf at nyren.net
Fri Feb 24 11:30:56 EST 2012

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 23:36:44 -0500, Michael Behrens
<michael.behrens at r2ad.com> wrote:
> +1 simple is good
> With regard to the get request, is it legal to specify the accept
content
> type using wildcards in this manner: "application/occi-*", or would we
have
> to just add multiple entries
> on the line?

Good observation.

The only wildcards allowed by RFC2616 [1] are (for our use case) */* and
application/*. Neither of those is specific enough to distinguish between
different OCCI Renderings.

You would have to specify all three of them or just the one relevant to
the request made. E.g. if you do GET /-/ you could just specify Accept:
application/occi-discovery+json since that is what you were after anyway.

regards, Ralf

[1] http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html