[occi-wg] Message Queue on OCCI

Srba, Maik maik.srba at gwdg.de
Tue Aug 28 11:37:55 EDT 2012

 Hi,

 after few weeks of discussion we have an idea how we can combined our
services, message system and occi.

 The idea is, that we extend the OCCI interface with AMQP besides HTTP.
Then we can connect OCCI with an message bus. Table 1 shows what i mean
with extension. The different interfaces can combined with different OCCI
Dataformats.

 Picture 2 shows connection of OCCI, Service and Message Bus. Here we can
exchange AMQP/OCCI messages between the services.

 After i read the new OCCI JSON rendering document writen by Florian
Feldhaus and Ralf Nyren, i see the new changes about Actions. Actions are
now defined in action_category and instantiated in action. Thats a good
thing because now we can uses this action instance as messages and send
them via AMQP.

 In combination with OCCI Mixins we can create a service specific
eventsystem were we can exchange messages between different services. In
this case the service provider can characterize there own service
interfaces as OCCI Mixin. He delivers the characterization with the
service to the platform. Both service and client use OCCI. The service
client can discover or use the interface and the service adapter
interprets the OCCI messages or send messages. So we can simple combine
provided services over OCCI (theoretical distributed over several
platforms).

Cheers
Maik