[occi-wg] About clock synchronization in the cloud

Augusto Ciuffoletti augusto.ciuffoletti at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 03:03:12 CDT 2011

I agree that the present trend of OCCI is not on resource features: OCCI
gives a way to define and "bind" resource types, and gives the provider the
freedom to decide such features. But the present model is influenced by the
original, resource specific model. A discussion about a feature not yet
figured out before the generalization process may be
of interest, after all.

I'm not sure if a clock can be considered as a resource in the OCCI way: as
is, I see the clock more as a feature (attribute?) of (certain) resources.
Like a processor speed for a compute resource. However, a master clock might
be considered as a resource by itself, and other resources could be bound
with OCCI links to indicate synchronization.

2011/9/20 Gary Mazz <garymazzaferro at gmail.com>

>  Clocks are another type of virtualized hardware resource...
>
> On 9/19/2011 2:39 PM, Edmonds, AndrewX wrote:
>
>  Sounds like a good discussion topic! It might be a little out of scope
> for OCCI, but who knows where the discussion might lead to or what it might
> highlight.****
>
> ** **
>
> Andy****
>
> ** **