[occi-wg] Question about Compute instance action

Ralf Nyren ralf at nyren.net
Mon Sep 12 09:28:18 CDT 2011

Yes, agreed on the non-intuitive part :)

Is it provider specific what happens if you http-delete a running Compute
instance? It could be equivalent to the stop-terminate case...

Using Actions to Create/Delete Resource instances seems to push to usage
of actions a bit to far IMO.

/Ralf

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 14:13:51 +0000, "Edmonds, AndrewX"
<andrewx.edmonds at intel.com> wrote:
> A method - the transition from inactive to terminal state would be
> 'terminate'. The action of 'stop' and http-delete is certainly the only
way
> to do it currently but as Kim's question shows, this is perhaps not
> particularly intuitive.

Terminating