[occi-wg] Question about Compute instance action

Andy Edmonds andy at edmonds.be
Mon Sep 12 08:25:49 CDT 2011

Hi Kim,
The required functionality is in the specification as an Action against an
instance specified by its URL. Please see Section 3.1 (table 3, 2nd row) of
the Infrastructure specification [1] and also the Core specification [2] for
more details on Actions. 'stop' will result in termination. In [3] there are
examples of such Actions (e.g. pg 11). On review of the noted sections there
is no explicit specification of a stop-terminate state change as you note.
It's a good catch and the Infrastructure specification will be updated to
reflect this, should no one else here have an objection to the change?

Thanks!

Andy
andy.edmonds.be

[1] http://ogf.org/documents/GFD.184.pdf