[occi-wg] NIST doc delivered

Augusto Ciuffoletti augusto at di.unipi.it
Mon Oct 24 04:17:38 CDT 2011

The U.S. NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) has approved
on Thursday the "The NIST Definition of Cloud Computing": a couple of pages
(2 pages in number) that are worth reading.

http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-145/SP800-145.pdf

My impression is that the definition is a bit more detailed and somewhat
advanced than others, though obviously there are no new ideas. It is a
reasonable snapshot of what we expect from CC, that will somewhat serve as a
guideline future developments.

It looks interesting to me the introduction of "rapid elasticity" and the
explicit statement of "measured service" (see the OCCI document on SLA,
currently in public comment). The deployment modes (private/hybrid/public
and community) are also explicitly stated.

Bye

--
Augusto Ciuffoletti
Dipartimento di Informatica