[occi-wg] Update on work register to be given at DMTF CMWG meeting tomorrow

Alan Sill Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Wed Oct 5 17:04:02 CDT 2011

OCCI-WG folks,

I am at the DMTF cloud management working group in-person meeting this week, attending on behalf of TTU. As part of this meeting I will give an update on the interoperability and work register items between OGF and DMTF tomorrow morning.

At this point we are largely waiting for DMTF to complete work on their CIMI specification, especially on its core model and the associated representations (which we would call renderings), so we can see how these map to OCCI and other OGF standards if applicable.

As you know, DMTF has published its work on CIMI and its related components as work-in-progress documents, information on which and downloadable copies of which are available at the corresponding public site:

http://dmtf.org/standards/cloud

There are also related efforts on cloud audit data and license management going on; see their press releases on these topics:

http://dmtf.org/news/pressreleases

At this point I plan to give the same talk, slightly updated to reflect new implementation information and OGF related work group plans, as you helped me to assemble for last month's SIENA meeting.  That talk is still available at the previous URL:

http://www.hpcc.ttu.edu/asill/cloud-standards/OGF33-SIENA-Cloud-Update.pdf

Those of you involved with DMTF can feel free to send me information that can be related to the group; others can feel free to comment on the talk at the link above.  (Any DMTF-specific information will not change the content of the talk as posted and will not change OGF standards processes or documents, but may help with MoU-level discussions.)

Thanks
Alan