[occi-wg] Important: OCCI contributions for NIST Standards Roadmap document

Alan Sill Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Wed Mar 30 10:59:06 CDT 2011

Dear OCCI group,

Due to travel, I have missed the past two meetings of the NIST
Standards Roadmap group, which has drafted a document in which OCCI
should be highlighted.  I have followed the activities of the group
and made several text and verbal contributions, but have not had time
to edit or suggest alterations yet to this NIST document.

It is important that we get comments in right away for them to have a
chance to be included in the current draft of the document that is to
be presented in the upcoming workshop at NIST April 7-8.  It may in
fact be late to get comments in, but if they are correct, targeted,
and formatted for suitable entry into the document, they may still be
accepted.

Apologies for not having followed this process more closely, but it is
basically due to a lack of time.

Can I ask you QUICKLY (now, today) to look over the attached 9th
draft, make any suggestions for alterations using the attached comment
template form, and submit them either directly back to the NIST cc_standards at nist.gov
  e-mail group or back to me for immediate submission to the group?

It is important to respond ASAP if we want to be well-represented in
the upcoming NIST document.

Thanks,
Alan

Alan Sill, Ph.D
Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics, TTU
Vice President of Standards, Open Grid Forum

:  Alan Sill, Texas Tech University  Office: Drane 162, MS 4-1167  :
:  e-mail: Alan.Sill at ttu.edu   ph. 806-742-4350  fax 806-742-4358  :