[occi-wg] HTTP rendering doc out of public comment

Ralf Nyren ralf at nyren.net
Wed Mar 30 09:01:27 CDT 2011

> I am not sure I understand that argument.  Assume an OCCI backend has
> the speed attribute unmutable.  Does your above argument mean that the
> client will not find that attribute listed, and would thus not be able
> to query for the (fixed) value of the speed attribute?

The attribute would not be listed (or have an immutable property set) in
the _query_ interface.

Please note that the attributes presented in the query interface really
only are interesting when _first_ creating a resource, i.e. a POST request.

When you query an existing resource (i.e. GET) you would see all
attributes, no matter whether they are mutable or immutable.

regards, Ralf