[occi-wg] SNIA Cloud Standards Plug Fest - April 19th-21st: OCCI participants: please respond

Alan Sill Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Tue Mar 29 12:22:46 CDT 2011

Hi,

We would like to request OCCI-WG participation in the SNIA Cloud
Standards Plug-Fest as discussed below, for those participants willing
to sign the participant's NDS (basic purpose is to avoid early
disclosure of implementations presented by others there; people are
free to talk elsewhere about their own work or to allow release of
their own information at their option by others)

Please respond directly to Mark (with an optional courtesy copy to me)
regarding details of your OCCI or other interoperable implementation,
what features you want to provide for testing, any direct
interoperability with other standards (CDMI, OVF/VMan, SRM, GridFTP,
etc.), whether you will require hardware support at the event itself
to support your implementation, etc.  I can bring servers if needed,
but assume that most OCCI spec demonstrations can be accomplished
remotely; let me know if this is not correct or if other support is
needed.

In addition to Andy's response below, we have verbal confirmation from
Alexander that he is willing to provide access by himself (any others)
to the TU-Dortmund implementations and we need to coordinate on the
testing to be performed.  Please contact Mark or me directly, as
descried above, about your participation and what features of OCCI or
other specs you would like to test.

Alan

On Jan 10, 2011, at 9:49 AM, Edmonds, AndrewX wrote:

> From: "Edmonds, AndrewX" <andrewx.edmonds at intel.com>
> Date: January 10, 2011 9:49:19 AM CST
> To: Mark Carlson <mark.carlson at oracle.com>, "occi-wg at ogf.org" <occi-wg at ogf.org
> >
> Subject: Re: [occi-wg] Cloud Standards Plug Fest - April 19th-21st,
> Planning meeting next Tuesday 1/11
>

> You can tentatively include SLA at SOI to be included in this plug-fest.
>
> Andy

Alan Sill, Ph.D
Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics, TTU
Vice President of Standards, Open Grid Forum

:  Alan Sill, Texas Tech University  Office: Drane 162, MS 4-1167  :
:  e-mail: Alan.Sill at ttu.edu   ph. 806-742-4350  fax 806-742-4358  :