[occi-wg] Content type and Accept

Ralf Nyren ralf at nyren.net
Sun Mar 27 13:15:51 CDT 2011

Yes, they can indeed by different. You can for instance send your request
as text/occi and except the response in text/plain.

As the spec is written right now this is allowed and is in line with
RFC2616. Think about how a web-browser POSTs a web-form. The request
parameters are typically in "multipart/form-data" while the response is in
text/html as dictated by the Accept header.

The occi-py library (http://github.com/nyren/occi-py) supports this nicely.

regards, Ralf