[occi-wg] IBM contribution of its Cloud Computing Reference Architecture and references to CCMP

Andy Edmonds andy at edmonds.be
Thu Mar 3 17:17:14 CST 2011

Thanks for this Alan...
On a cursory read through the referenced document and one of its predecessor
[1], I see this more as a general architecture for cloud computing rather
than a means to control/manage arbitrary cloud services (e.g. infrastructure
services) through a standardised interface and protocol. From my POV, what
is presented is but a generalised architecture and so there is little detail
on what is known as the "Service Consumer Portal & API". It is to this
particular component/entity where OCCI would be placed.

So to your request, I would say that a) what's presented is
an architectural model and b) it complements OCCI rather than something
suitable for a *tête-à-tête* comparison. I've attached a diagram to show how
the two complement each other (the diagram should be familiar - it's just
the OCCI architectural overview adapted for this case [2]).

HTH,

Andy
andy.edmonds.be

[1]