[occi-wg] Fwd: VM Portability Research

Alan Sill alan.sill at ttu.edu
Tue Jun 14 11:07:01 CDT 2011

Hi Alexander,

I don't see why not; this would seem to be within the scope of the agreement.  The details may need to be worked out.

I think formally we have agreement that OCCI people can participate in the activities of the CMWG.  Mark or Winston, can you provide the parameters as you see them, please?

(Note this was brought up in the context of NIST, so is in the "public" side of the virtualization work, I assume.)

Thanks!
Alan

On May 23, 2011, at 3:48 PM, alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de wrote:

> Hm, I'd rather leave that in the hands of DMTF, actually, since they are taking care of OVF anyway. No reason to pull this to OCCI...
>
> @Alan: can we (as OGF members and having the work register in place) contribute to OVF and/or its corresponding TG, or is that beyond what has been agreed upon?
>
> -Alexander
>
> Am 17.05.2011 um 21:39 schrieb <florian.feldhaus at tu-dortmund.de>
> <florian.feldhaus at tu-dortmund.de>:
>
>> In my opinion it would be a good idea if there is a contribution from the
>> OCCI WG. I would like to contribute, but I don't want to push forward.
>> Maybe if someone else also likes to contribute I could help writing.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Florian
>>
>> Am 17.05.11 21:19 schrieb "Sill, Alan" unter <alan.sill at ttu.edu>:
>>
>>> FYI
>>>

>>> Begin forwarded message:
>>>
>>> From: Winston Bumpus <wbumpus at vmware.com<mailto:wbumpus at vmware.com>>
>>> Date: May 17, 2011 12:44:19 PM MDT
>>> To: Multiple recipients of list
>>> <cc_sajacc at nist.gov<mailto:cc_sajacc at nist.gov>>
>>> Subject: VM Portability Research
>>> <cc_sajacc at nist.gov<mailto:cc_sajacc at nist.gov>>
>>>
>>> On today¹s call I agreed to lead the development of a white paper around
>>> VM portability. Lee suggested we start with a power point presentation
>>> around the issues and current state of technologies over the next 2 weeks.
>>>
>>> Please send me an email if you are interested in participating.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Winston Bumpus
>>> President, DMTF
>>> www.dmtf.org<http://www.dmtf.org/>