[occi-wg] Your Questions...

Andy Edmonds andy at edmonds.be
Mon Jul 11 05:03:26 CDT 2011

Thanks for the useful feedback Cyril! :-)
There has been quite some discussion both here on the mailing list, in F2Fs
and also on the IRC about the use of headers. In fact, I think what you
raise here is quite a good summary of those discussions that were had. Using
the OCCI text syntax within the header, from my POV, is now largely
historical and for the those related comments I can't disagree. What should
be noted is that the HTTP rendering spec details how a text-based syntax can
be relayed between client and service. It does note that the content can be
in the header but the default is in the body.

To other aspects - yes filtering in my view is simple and there has been
talk about making it a little more encompassing (e.g. addition of logical
operators). The origins of actions are from this detailed conversation [1]
over on Tim Bray's blog. We'd love to know more about any reservations about
the linking scheme. Also do you see anything that could be brought to the
spec to improve it?

Regards,

Andy
andy.edmonds.be