[occi-wg] Test client for OCCI

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Wed Jan 12 03:10:37 CST 2011

Hi Thijs,

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Thijs Metsch <tmetsch at platform.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I hacked (literally) together some test client which tries to verify if an
> OCCI implementation is compliant to the specification. The code is neither
> perfect nor does it give a definite proof that your implementation is
> compliant to the spec. It will only say that if all tests run your
> implementation could be compatible.

Let me quote Edsger Dijkstra:

"Program testing can be a very effective way to show the presence of
bugs, but it is hopelessly inadequate for showing their absence. "

A failure in your test will show that the implementation is not OCCI
complient.  A successful run says it might be OCCI compliant, or not
:-)

Either way, nice job!

Best, Andre.

> Nevertheless I wanted to share the code so people can use it, update it and
> enhance the functionalities.
>
> The code can be found in the repository of gridforge:
> http://forge.ogf.org/integration/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/tests/?root=occi-wg&system=exsy1001
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Thijs

Nothing is ever easy...