[occi-wg] Cloud Standards Plug Fest - April 19th-21st, Planning meeting next Tuesday 1/11

florian.feldhaus at tu-dortmund.de florian.feldhaus at tu-dortmund.de
Fri Jan 7 03:51:01 CST 2011

Hi everyone!

We at TU Dortmund are currently working on an OpenNebula OCCI Client based on the latest draft of the OCCI documents. Our goal is to have a recent implementation for OpenNebula to use it for our infrastructure and to investigate extending OCCI for advanced reservations. If others are working on an OpenNebula OCCI client or plan to do so, we would be very much interested to collaborate with them. We already contacted the OpenNebula core developers to inform them of our plans and they very much welcome work on a new OCCI client.

Cheers,
Florian Feldhaus

Michael Behrens wrote:

We'd be interested in updating the client we developed - this time porting it to an Android.  The more servers the better (to test interoperability).  Also - it would be good to use DMTF's OVF as well.

Gary Mazz wrote:

I'll be there..

The OCCI implementation will need some heavy lifting to bring it up to spec. The current OCCI HTTP specification is out for comment, but should be close enough to build against. The real work will be taking the document centric application work flow of open nebula and move it to the high fidelity OCCI rpc.  I'll take a look at this and have a report early next week.

-gary