[occi-wg] Input requested to NIST CCSRWG (Cloud Computing Standards Roadmap WG) and other related cloud working groups

Alan Sill Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Mon Jan 3 09:32:34 CST 2011

With apologies for the Word format, the following message forwarded from one sent below by Bob Marcus in a non-OGF context summarizes some work he has done with a Telecommunications-oriented group in developing responses to the current US NIST call for input on cloud standards roadmaps.

There are several such related groups, as I summarized in a previous message to the GFSG and am now passing on to the OCCI-WG with the suggestion that its members consider joining one or more of the US NIST working group mailing lists to ensure that they are fully aware of its procedures and processes for input, and with the request that the OCCI-WG coordinate with me and the relevant OGF area director and, if needed, with any other OGF groups and interested people on a response.

At this page you can check the boxes for topics you are interested in, keeping in mind that these are intended to be working group e-mail lists and that progress on a short time scale is expected.  Once you complete the form, you will be directed to a page summarizing the work of the NIST-related groups to date, including recent related workshops. If you are interested, please register for any and all lists as appropriate to keep track of activities.

Since there are manyhigh-level organizations involved, we may be asked to coordinate our responses as an organization, but right now I only want to make you aware of the processes taking place and give you an opportunity to become more familiar with the work being done by NIST and make sure you have an opportunity to participate.

A short form response to me to indicate where you see OGF documents and standards being applicable would be helpful and greatly appreciated.  I have in mind in particular OCCI  but others such as DFDL may also be applicable.  This is a topic to which I think OGF should give a lot of attention.  A related process is going on in the standards "adoption jumpstart" group (SAJACC) in NIST, and in the SIENA roadmap process taking place now in Europe.  A coordinated response from OGF on these topics would be helpful to develop, and I am asking therefore for help and input.

Alan

Alan Sill
VP of Standards
Open Grid Forum

:  Alan Sill, Texas Tech University  Office: Admin 233, MS 4-1167  :
:  e-mail: Alan.Sill at ttu.edu   ph. 806-742-4350  fax 806-742-4358  :

Begin forwarded message: