[occi-wg] OGF repository testing - participation invited

Alan Sill alan.sill at ttu.edu
Tue Dec 20 15:35:12 EST 2011

Hi all,

We had to fix four successive problems that emerged in accessing the
GridForge-hosted subversion repositories after the recent hosting
move.  (Note: the long-term plan is to change technologies underlying
the forge, but for now the goal was to get things stable and complete
in the new hosting location to which they have been moved.)

I'd like to make sure that the current setup is working well before
announcing the restoration of access to the full wg-all list.  For
hose of you who are used to using the repositories, the only change
you shouold see is that we have moved to https access in place of
plain text for all access, so you will have to change the repository
location to https in place of http in your svn client, and as we are
doing this with a self-signed certificate for now, you'll have to
accept the cert either temporarily or permanently.  We do plan to
replace that certificate with an official commercial one shortly
through a new arrangement with DigiCert.

Please try this out and let us know if your testing helps uncover any
so-far-unfound bugs.  (Positive reports of successful results are also
welcome!).

Alan for the folks in the nascent OGF IT effort

Alan Sill, Ph.D
Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics
TTU

:  Alan Sill, Texas Tech University  Office: Drane 162, MS 4-1167  :
:  e-mail: Alan.Sill at ttu.edu   ph. 806-834-5940  fax 806-834-4358  :