[occi-wg] Cloud Plugfest Düsseldorf location details

Alan Sill kilohoku150 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 16:35:13 CDT 2011

Hi Florian,

Was this in place of the OCCI sessions at Lyon the same week?

If possible, I think we should try to avoid scheduling these in conflict.  Joel is finalizing the schedule, and OCCI-WG has requested meeting space beyond the already scheduled sessiosn Wednesday Sep. 21.

Note OGF 33 is Sep. 19-21 in Lyon and the EGI Technical Forum and Grid 2011 continue the rest of that week.

Can I suggest that the generous offer of NetApp be perhaps reserved for another opportunity, and that we try for space (or a concurrent event) at OGF 33?

Thanks!

Alan

On Aug 26, 2011, at 4:40 AM, florian.feldhaus at tu-dortmund.de wrote:

> As announced yesterday in the Cloud Plugfest planning meeting, NetApp has
> been so kind to offer rooms in their Düsseldorf office to allow
> participants from Europe to also physically attend the Cloud Plugfest.
>
> Here are the details regarding the Düsseldorf location:
> - the Cloud Plugfest will start on Monday September 19 at 9am CEST
> (Central European Summer Time) and end on Wednesday September 21 at 6pm.
> - directions can be found under [1] and [2]
> - nearby hotels are [3] and [4]
> - wireless network will be provided
> - telco system and projector are available
> - basic catering will be provided by NetApp
> - up to 20 persons may attend
> - schedule is:
> * Plugfest Participant Setup - Monday Sept. 19 starting at 9am CEST
> (Central European Summer Time).
>
> * Plugfesting Begins - Monday Sept. 19 at 10am CEST.
>  * Plugfest Lab open from 9am-6pm
>
> * Plugfest Ends - Wednesday Sept. 21 at 5:30pm CEST.
> * Plugfest SyncUp TelCo - daily at 5:30pm
> * Plugfest Participant Breakdown - Wednesday Sept. 21 at 5:30pm-6pm.
>

> Could you please update the Cloud Plugfest webpages with the new location,
> the schedule and how to get there? Is anything missing?
>
> Bengt Lassen (blassen at netapp.com) is the responsible person from NetApp to
> coordinate the event. Please put him on CC for any further questions.
>

> Best regards,
> Florian Feldhaus
>
> [1] http://media.netapp.com/documents/dir-duesseldorf-en.pdf (english)
> [2] http://www.netapp-de.de/anfahrt/Duesseldorf.pdf (german)
> [3] http://www.lindner.de/de/AIR
> [4] http://www.airporthotelduesseldorf.de/

Alan Sill, Ph.D
Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics, TTU
Vice President of Standards, Open Grid Forum