[occi-wg] Query uniqueness

Gary Mazz garymazzaferro at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 12:27:15 CDT 2011

Hi,

This started as a discussion on the application of the location
attribute for resources categories and mixins.. And, which policies
should be implemented where. How the location named spaces are applied
is somewhat unclear to a casual reader. Which leads to poor location
naming practices.  There is an addition issue of which naming practices
should be restricted at the provider by  enforcement technology.
Obviously, this impacts the provider's occi implementations.

The issue of a registry was brought up by Andre, I was assuming he was
considering a centralized registry for mixins to prevent location named
space aliasing.. But reconciliation can easily be handled at the
provider. Providers simply rejecting named space collision and foreign
mixins do little for interoperability and is currently out of scope.
However, it does not mean we cannot suggest best practices to address
issues not in scope of the specification.

BTW, did you get to see what kind of bird that was ? a magpie?

-g