[occi-wg] Where is the scheme ?

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Wed Apr 6 01:44:53 CDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 8:17 AM, Gary Mazz <garymazzaferro at gmail.com> wrote:

> I did find the reference to it in one of your emails from 2 years ago..Minor
> comments:
>
>> - why the purl.org/occi namespace? OGF has an established
>>   namespace for XML schemata, see http://schemas.ogf.org/,
>>   and GFD.84 on http://www.ogf.org/docs/?cp

Ah, I think I see now where this is coming from! :-)  That comment was
for the ATOM rendering, which explicitly used XML -- thus the xml
schema (see http://forge.ogf.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.occi-wg/wiki/APIDesign
for details on the ATOM rendering approach).  That rendering is
obsolete by now I think -- a to-be-defined new ATOM rendering of OCCI,
or other XML based renderings, may well introduce XML schemas again,
but AFAIU that is different from the way the schema URLs are used in
OCCI right now.

Cheers, Andre.

So much time, so little to do...
[Garfield]