[occi-wg] Validating the Cloud on, well, the Cloud

Thijs Metsch tmetsch at platform.com
Sat Apr 2 05:40:26 CDT 2011

@Alex: maybe we can Skype on Monday about this?

Cheers,

-Thijs

-----Original Message-----
From: occi-wg-bounces at ogf.org on behalf of alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de
Sent: Fri 01.04.2011 22:28
To: andy.edmonds at gmail.com
Cc: occi-wg at ogf.org
Subject: Re: [occi-wg] Validating the Cloud on, well, the Cloud

Hey Andy,

Am 01.04.2011 um 20:12 schrieb Andy Edmonds:

> Great stuff!!! Excellent idea, Alex!

thanks... :-)

> Quick question (I'm thinking the answer will be longer! :p) - is there
> anyway to integrate both your and Thijs' code base so they don't run
> out of sync?

I'll have to stick my head together with Thijs, but it will probably boil down to splitting Thjis' code into two .py files -- one for the def test_<something> stuff, and one for the CLI / GUI handling. This needs to be done, because Thijs' code won't even compile on GAE (mostly because of awkward problems with "Exception as e" lines).

I'd rather stick to github for the code until we get a replacement for GridForge ;-) but I'm happy to move my code elsewhere... I don't know whether it would be ok for Thijs to move test_occi.py to github, though...

> On logos etc - If anyone needs various OCCI branding just drop me a
> line. I'll soon get all various branding and logos up on the main
> website.

Great. I guess Sam does not have time to give some love to the GAE HTML/CSS stuff, does he?

> I don't suppose you could throw a few lines together as the content of
> a blog post?

Next week maybe. Currently, things are a bit packed...

Best,
Alexander