[occi-wg] Feature Freeze for OCCI Core & Model

Gary Mazz garymazzaferro at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 11:15:53 CDT 2010

  Hi,

I think I'm ok with a freeze for most features.

Not happy with the definition of of collection/Category. By definition a
Category is a collection with one member. We should clarify that in the
editorial.

I do have one concern about credentials and...  the impact that will
have on Resources...There are 3 companies releasing a product that
incorporates certificates to manage keys for encrypted storage using
Oasis KMIP. Using wrapped certificates, groups of partners can share
keys while maintaining privacy and independent key life cycles.

Adding credentials to console,  networking and external Resources
models, we can find one Resource may support multiple credentials. It
impacts  provisioning and consumption processes. During provisioning, an
occi definition may add several credentials at on time. So we will need
to support groups (via collections) of credentials on provisioning.

I'm having a tough time envisioning the core model without credentials
support.

I think credentials need to be sibling to Link, Resource and Action.

Credential's UML attributes should be "type" and "certificate". "Type"
expresses the credential format and should correspond to ANSI X9 TR-31
[X9 TR-31] .    The UML "credential" is byte storage for the credential.

Since Credential is a subclass of Kind, collections and Links apply.
I'm not sure if the Category's "title" attribute would be mandatory, I'm
leaning towards  the [0] more than the [1].

The credential scheme does not address provider HTTP logon credentials.
   If we did, we would need to determine which certificate we would use
to pass in user/password.

cheers,
gary