[occi-wg] Infrastructure Document

Csom Gyula csom at interface.hu
Thu Nov 4 16:57:31 CDT 2010

Hi!

Some notes/questions:)

[1] boot
It might be useful to provide a boot param (0/1..*) in order to specify the boot order. Something like
hd, cdrom, network, fd. Rationale: a system might provide
* prebuilt OS images - boot=hd,
* raw images with install CD - boot order = hd, cdrom
* computes booting/installed through network (like computes in a Rocks Linux cluster) - boot order = hd, network

If accepted this could/should be an attribute of the compute.

[2] dhcp
It might be useful if the IP mixin supported DHCP addresses ie. when using dynamic IP allocation, and the gateway
and DHCP server IPs are different.

[3] network type
The handling of public and private virtual networks might be different. For instance while anti IP spoofing against public
IPs is a critical feature it is not relevant against private networks. That is it might be useful to tag networks as either
public or private. Support could go to the IP mixin.

[4] device type
It might be useful to tell what type of device the storage represents, for instance hd, cdrom.

Gyula