[occi-wg] OCCI Core ready for public comment version

alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de
Thu Nov 4 12:04:18 CDT 2010

Hey Ralf,

I'd like to come back to naming once more (and hopefully for the last name).

The current "Type" and "Kind" make things a bit confusing -- type is so overloaded as a term, and the thing that is currently called "Kind" does not describe a "Kind" at all.

As such, I'd propose to rename as follows:

  "Kind" -> "Entity"
and
  "Type" -> "Kind"

This removes the strange notion from the thing that really isn't a "Kind", and fix the overoveroverloading of the "Type", effectively getting us rid of sentences like "the Type type". Plus, with the new naming, the "Kind" really describes what kind a certain "Entity" is of.

Best,
Alexander