[occi-wg] OpenNebula now implements vCloud API

Ignacio Martin Llorente llorente at dacya.ucm.es
Mon May 31 16:02:14 CDT 2010

Dear Friends,

Because we perfectly know the interest of this WG in Cloud interfaces, I would like to announce that we have implemented the vCloud API in OpenNebula. So you can now on the same cloud instance evaluate the three most common interfaces: EC2, vCloud and OCCI. Even the same user could use the three interfaces to manage his workload using the same OpenNebula cloud. You can dynamically add and remove interface modules to OpenNebula, and so use our technology as a  framework to evaluate and compare different interfaces or even to develop new specific interfaces to address requirements for your user communities. We think this technology framework could help to support the coordination between standardization efforts around IaaS cloud computing.

More details http://blog.opennebula.org/?p=528

Regards

Ignacio

--