[occi-wg] Request for POX representation

Csom Gyula csom at interface.hu
Thu May 20 10:40:42 CDT 2010

Dear Sam,

thank you for your response!

We previously analyized your technical decision: I've actually read
thru some of your earlier discussions regarding multiple formats, even
agree that in some cases a single or primary format would be more useful
then "dozen different ones"... well if it suited most of the real needs.
Our request simply mirrors that your technical selection doesn't suite
our needs.

According to your mail the current specification session is at its final
stage, so please consider my request in your future plan/roadmap. For
now I'd just like to know whether you think it will be possible to support
POX later?

---

While the above were semi-formal things, please consider the following as
initial, informal thougts on the topic.

To my understanding there are natural mappings between the X/HTML-RDFa
format and the different RDF representations. To put it simply: all of
these representations are built around the RDF concept, the RDF data model.
So maybe there's is no need to maintain a separate OCCI specification for
POX. The problem could be kept off by outsourcing the maintanance to W3C.

For instance RDFa spec explicitely states that: "A conforming RDFa Processor
MUST make available to a consuming application a single RDF graph containing
all possible triples generated by using the rules in the Processing Model
section" [1]. Put this together with the already existing RDF/XML spec [2]
and you might gain a POX representation for free.

But again I might be wrong. Any opinion?

Cheers,
Gyula

---

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/#processorconf