[occi-wg] OCCI XML scheme status?

Gary Mazz garymazzaferro at gmail.com
Mon May 17 09:01:59 CDT 2010

Hi Gyula,

The XML versions of OCCI were developed prior to the XHTML5/RDFa
discussions. I believe Andy's version was for the SLA at SOI project which
uses XML. My version is being used as a staged prototype to help move
toward the RDFa implementation. Since XHTML5/RDFa is a format similar
enough to POX, the transition to and future adoption should be no more
difficult than adopting pox.

I hope this explains why there are XML formats floating around. I can't
speak for the SLA at SOI project, but as soon as the XHTML5/RDFa is
completed, I will be abandoning my XML implementation.

cheers,
gary