[occi-wg] Question about OCCI Model

Andy Edmonds andrewx.edmonds at intel.com
Wed Mar 31 09:41:55 CDT 2010

Hey Ralf,

>From my reasoning on the model contained within the core specification, I
arrived at this UML model rendering [1], which was part of the OCCI
Implementer and Integrator presentation at OGF28 [2]. Do note that a) the
relationships are SLA at SOI specific and so too is the class
"ProvisionRequest".

To your first question, for me it would be very useful and expressive for
categories to form an acyclical directed graph and as such the category
relationship would be M:M. This is what we'll do in the SLA at SOIimplementation.

Regarding your second question, yes a Resource (kind) can be assigned to
many different categories but do note, as a minimum, it must be associated
with it's Kind category (compute, storage, network). In the
SLA at SOIimplementation, we create a kind and associate it with, amongst
others, a
compute and virtual category. Doing this allows us to describe our physical
and virtual infrastructure "landscape" without little change to the model.

HTH,

Andy
andy.edmonds.be

[1] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/165239/eu.slasoi.infrastructure.occi.png