[occi-wg] Announcement from the chairs

Thijs Metsch tmetsch at platform.com
Thu Jun 17 10:03:16 CDT 2010

Dear followers,

Following concerns raised by many members of the OCCI community, the
chairs of the OCCI-WG have asked Sam to step down from his role as
secretary within the group.

This is not an action we take lightly – as a community we recognise and
support the need for constructive technical debate to reach community
driven consensus. Members of the OGF Leadership (the group chairs and
the VP standards) have discussed the matter with Sam to try and
encourage him to work constructively as part of the OCCI-WG community.
Although we recognize and thank Sam for the meaningful contributions he
has made to the group, it has become clear to us and others that Sam is
unwilling to compromise and work as part of a team, and to continue to
develop the family of OCCI specifications as part of OCCI.

We welcome any comments on this statement either privatly to one of the
chairs or the list.

Regards,

-The Chairs