[occi-wg] Editorial tool

Thijs Metsch tmetsch at platform.com
Thu Jul 1 02:37:22 CDT 2010

Hi @all,

Since DocBook hasn't turned out to be the best tool for editing our
specs I wanted to bring up the discussion on how the following revision
should be edited. I guess we have several options - and feel free to add
more:

* Word/OpenOffice
Pro: Ease of use (Templates available)
Contra: Merging and version control

* Latex
Pro: Merging, version control easy (Andre could help with templates)
Contra: Not so easy to use

* Plain TXT files in Wiki --> then use a tool for formatting when
finished...
Pro: Easy editable
Contra: Not so cool for graphics etc. (formatting)

Feel free to add more and state you preference - It would be cool if in
future a lot of people can help edit the specs.

Cheers,

-Thijs

--
Thijs Metsch
Senior Software Engineer Grid and Cloud Technology

http://www.nohuddleoffense.de/ - http://www.twitter.com/befreax