[occi-wg] Categorization via link relations

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Sat Jan 9 04:14:18 CST 2010

Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to look at our specifications. The categories are
dealt with in a separate IETF Internet-Draft (
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-johnston-http-category-header-00) but it's
true that they could be layered on top of the Link: header. I hadn't
considered this option at the time but it does make some sense. OTOH we need
to sensibly layer properties/attributes on top of HTTP headers so we'll
probably be blazing our own trail there anyway (using Property:/Attribute:
headers modelled after Set-Cookie[2]:).

Sam