[occi-wg] HTTP Header Serialization Format, use of Attribute header

Ralf Nyren ralf at nyren.net
Mon Aug 16 09:32:17 CDT 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 16:19:05 +0200, Edmonds, AndrewX
<andrewx.edmonds at intel.com> wrote:

> As we use '.' as a character to denote namespace delineation we should
> also add this to the list of separators, incl. 2616.

We could but I do not see why that would be necessary. The comma separates
field values and the equal sign separate attribute name from attribute
value. So from the parser's perspective only those two characters need be
quoted. However, for consistency I thought it to be a good idea to include
the full separator list from RFC2616. But you maybe have an example where
the use of an unquoted '.' would confuse the parser?

I do however think we should add a policy on attribute names. Both valid
characters etc but also the naming policy because the namespace is shared
by all categories. This could perhaps go into the Extensions document we
talked about.

regards, Ralf