[occi-wg] OCCI Categories and Types

Gary Mazz garymazzaferro at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 09:18:23 CDT 2010

Hi,

I'm not concerned about using "rel" per se, it the relationships
considered permissible by OCCI which is the concern. Additionally, we
need to express the elements of the we intend to use for OCCI.
Application of method through examples is a good first step, but
requires further definition in the specifications. Simply referencing
RFCs may not be adequate to ensure and sustain interoperability.

Referencing the section 6.2.2 in Rfc [1], it defines a registry  of
relationships for the 'rel'  attribute.  Outside of the ordered
sequences, we seem to be defining new relationships  or at least
relationships undefined by the rfc [1]. The out of specification [1]
relationships we need to define in the OCCI specification.

I think we need to have a discussion on occi extensibility;  method and
form.

BTW, I'm running into the similar issues with the console proposal. I
have both credentials and security identifiers (SIDs) that fall into the
extensibility issue.

cheers,
gary