[occi-wg] New revision of the spec

Alexander Papaspyrou alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de
Wed Aug 11 06:50:57 CDT 2010

Fine.

Of course I found yet another UML detail to poke on:

Currently, a Category has a type self-reference to related Categories, indicating that for a certain Category instance, other Category instances are related to it. IIRC, this was supposed to allow for building Category clouds (no pun intended), folksonomies, or hierarchies.

With the current notation, assuming a parent-child relationship, one can navigate from the parent to the child, but not back. Actually, the backreference is forbidden by definition of navigable associations in UML.

Andy and I agreed that this is unwanted. The question now is: do we want to *enforce* a backreference no matter what (a double-sided arrow), or do we want to *allow* backreferences, if necessary (a line with  no arrow tips at all).

Any opinions on that?

Best,
Alexander

Alexander Papaspyrou