[occi-wg] HTTP Header Serialization Format, use of Attribute header

Ralf Nyren ralf at nyren.net
Wed Aug 11 05:43:10 CDT 2010

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:30:41 +0200, Edmonds, AndrewX
<andrewx.edmonds at intel.com> wrote:

> Speaking from an implementer's point of view (mine) removal of
> "Attribute:" has made parsing of header key/values easier. Personally, I
> have no strong tie to either approach.

I would beg to differ on that point :)
I am also an implementor and using the Attribute header I can just reuse
the same base functionality as for parsing Category and Link headers.
Since RFC2616 says multiple header values can be represented both as
comma-separated lists and multiple header lines the code for parsing this
with proper escaping of quotes etc will have to be present anyway.

regards, Ralf