[occi-wg] HTTP Header Serialization Format, use of Attribute header

Ralf Nyren ralf at nyren.net
Wed Aug 11 05:26:31 CDT 2010

Hi,

Reading the updated spec on Http Header Rendering [1] I see you have
changed the way attributes are represented in the HTTP header. In the
latest docbook spec OCCI resource attributes are specified using the
"Attribute" header, e.g.:

GET /compute/xxx HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Attribute: occi.compute.speed=2.0
Attribute: occi.compute.memory=1.0

In the latest spec however it would look like this instead:

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
occi.compute.speed: 2.0
occi.compute.memory: 1.0

What is the motivation behind this change?

I believe the Attribute header is a much more clean approach since it does
not pollute the HTTP header namespace with (perhaps) arbitrary names (you
have to consider vendor extensions as well).

regards, Ralf

[1]
http://forge.ogf.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.occi-wg/wiki/HTTPHeaderRendering?wikiPageVersion=9