[occi-wg] Road to OGF27 / Finishing our documents

Thijs Metsch Thijs.Metsch at Sun.COM
Wed Sep 16 03:19:32 CDT 2009

Hi @all,

First of all: many thanks to all people commenting and working on the
documents! The chairs and editors of our two documents had a great phone
call yesterday. Together we came up with the following plan to finish
the first round of documentation.

First of all the Specification is coming along well! I'll send a new
version around today and we can have a first round of comments during
our concall today. I'll send a separate invitation soon.

To get a first version of the document out by OGF27 we'll do the
following steps:

1. I'll send around a new PDF version of the document out today. And
from now on I will build a new version on Monday which we can discuss on
our Wednesdays concalls.

2. On next weeks concall (23.09.2009) we will do a walkthrough of the
complete spec and look into the comments we go so far. From a
'workforce' kind of perspective we came up with some action items /
questions /ideas:

 - Andre volunteered to do another round of reading/commenting on the
document by then.

 - Andy is currently so kind to keep track of the comments on the list

 - Sam works hard on bringing all pieces together.

 - @Gary: can you have a look on the document for next weeks concall
with regards to the storage aspects?

 - @Randy Bias: Can you do the same for networking related issues (also
for the 30.09)?

 - @Richard Davies: Can you look into the compute resources stuff for
the concall next week?

3. In two weeks (concall on 30.09) I'll try to invite people from the
UCM who work on OpenNebula to discuss the OCCI implementation they did.
Especially with an eye on thinks we might need to change.

IMPORTANT: The next to concalls (23.09 and 30.09) are crucial for us to
get our stuff done. So please mark your calendars for those days.
Timeslot is the same as usual: 07:00 PDT, 10:00 EDT, 15:00 BST, 16:00
CEST.

All the best,

-Thijs

--
Thijs Metsch                        Tel: +49 (0)941 3075-122 (x60122)
http://blogs.sun.com/intheclouds
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7               mailto:thijs.metsch at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg                  http://www.sun.com