[occi-wg] Prototype implementation of the OCCI draft specification

Tino Vazquez tinova79 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 10:26:20 CDT 2009

Dear OCCI members,

We are happy to announce the availability of a prototype
implementation of the OCCI draft specification. As the specification
is not finished nor final, we tried to adjust as much as possible to
the spirit distilled by the spec document found in the wiki.

We believe that is important to have an implementation in order to
demo the standard, which we think will provide value to OCCI, to be
able to show people how the standard will look like and behave, and,
even more importantly, provide feedback.

Along with the server implementation, client command are implemented
in order to use the service, enabling the access to the full
functiolity of the interface.

The code has been upload to OpenNebula's subversion trunk, and can be
downloaded from [1], using the following command:

$ svn co http://svn.opennebula.org/one/trunk one

Documentation on how to configure the OpenNebula OCCI service [2] and
a user guide [3] are also available. Also, a design document is also
ready [4].

This implementation will be distributed with OpenNebula 1.4 [5] and
has been developed in the context of the RESERVOIR project. OpenNebula
1.4 also includes the implementation of the EC2 Query API [6], and
allows the managing of the virtual infrastructure using both
interfaces simultaneously.

Best regards,

-Tino

[1] http://redmine.opennebula.org/
[2] http://opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:rel1.4:occicg
[3] http://opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:rel1.4:occiug
[4] http://opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:rel1.4:occidd
[5] http://opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:rel1.4
[6] http://opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:rel1.4:ec2qug

--
Constantino Vázquez, Grid Technology Engineer/Researcher:
http://www.dsa-research.org/tinova