[occi-wg] Simplified OCCI VM lifecycle diagram

shlomo.swidler at gmail.com shlomo.swidler at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 13:14:30 CDT 2009

It's important for a cloud broker because I want to stipulate, e.g., "I need
n VMs that can be suspended and do not cost money when in that state".

Enumerating the state machine is one way to support that. It's expensive,
though, isn't it? And advertising the state transitions only works for an
actual resource, and it only allows you to see "one step" ahead, not the
entire state transition diagram - unless I'm willing to push the buttons and
change my resource's state.

Anyway I think we're into extension territory here.

.. Shlomo