[occi-wg] OCCI JavaScript libarary

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Thu Oct 29 05:34:04 CDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 6:15 AM, Andre Merzky <andre at merzky.net> wrote:

> Quoting [Sam Johnston] (Oct 29 2009):
> >
> > Further to my last mail I've spent a few hours tonight roughing up the
> > [1]occi.js Javascript library ([2]test dump page) based on a proof of
> > concept script by Mike Kelly. I'm not sure how rich we want the
> > programmer API to be, or whether it should just be primatives (I'm more
> > leaning towards the latter for simplicity/flexibility) but what's sure
> > is that it should be consistent across whatever client libraries we
> > produce.
>
> Sure, client API consistency for multiple implementations is great,
> but I think that an API specification is out of scope for the group
> at the moment.  IMHO, the group should start to tackle it once the
> core, and at least some extensions are fully specified.

You are, of course, absolutely right. In fact writing client code in general
is outside of the scope but it's good for consistency (acting as a
poor-man's test suite) and both helps our users and enhances the standard.
If we're writing code at all it may as well be consistent, and support by
other adaptors like libcloud, deltacloud & simplecloud would also be
useful. Mike & I have just got the ball rolling on this one - Mike or
someone else interested in Javascript can take it from here.

Nice stuff though :-)

Thanks.