[occi-wg] confusion about status of link / headers

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Mon Oct 19 18:37:45 CDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:52 AM, gary mazzaferro
<garymazzaferro at gmail.com>wrote:

> Agreed, consensus and discussion is need to follow though on decisions. The
> lack of discussion due the parties not engaging is not considered consensus.

If people choose not to participate in the discussions now then they have
only themselves to blame when they are led by the nose by the dominant
vendor.

Right now I see cloud computing turning into a re-run of the last few
decades with a single vendor controlling the standards that matter. We're in
the best position to provide an alternative and even then I wonder if we're
able to deliver (unfortunately some have already made up their mind on that
subject) given there are so many agendas to align.

In any case referring back to Tim's informal definition of consensus as the
"absence of sustained intense reasonable resistance", silence *is*
consensus... basically "speak now or forever hold your peace".

If it is your intention to provide "reasonable resistance" to the current
proposal then please do so by way of a "camera ready" alternative and a
rationale as to why it is superior.