[occi-wg] moving forward

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at gmail.com
Wed May 27 03:16:11 CDT 2009

Sam,

The problem is that we don't have something concrete on the wiki that
has the following properties:

1.
(a) is agreed on
OR
(b) is a clear proposal

2.
has consensus meaning support from multiple parties willing to
implement and use - we don't want 'outsiders' we want convergence

I am trying to PROPOSE a concrete course of action.  I really truly
appreciate the work you are putting in, especially the drive to work
with EH and Andy from SLA at SOI.  But I don't see that work necessarily
conflicting with what I am proposing.

As as aside, with all due respect:

It does not help when you say, one week, "it really doesn't get any
simpler than this" and then simplify it and again say "it really
doesn't get any simpler than this".  Please try to understand that we
don't have full unimpeded access to all your thought processes, and
consensus will arise from your clarifying them.

Instead of chucking around phrases like 'vendor capture' and 'rubber
stamping', why don't you tell us what Sun, GoGrid, etc, don't do to
meet your requirement.  Then we can make a better open document that
meets the needs of multiple providers and users, and has their
consensual buy in and support.  We have the pieces of the puzzle right
in front of us.

If you object to my proposal then propose an alternative!

alexis