[occi-wg] Presentations for our first session at the OGF.

Alexander Papaspyrou alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de
Mon May 25 10:37:38 CDT 2009

Thijs,

I have a 1-year undergraduate student project running which aims to
build a cloud computing platform in a shared-nothing environment,
focusing on standards and automatic failover, HA features and zero
configuration. Although this is only loosely related to OCCI, it might
be interesting for the folks; besides that, I am encouraging the
students to have a look at OGF standards (including BES and DRMAA),
and -- depending on the outcomes of OCCI -- hopefully steer them into
supporting this as well.

Drop me a note, if you are interested. I have to fix up the slides
(don't have them available), so I'd like to know in advance whether I
should bother at all.

Regards,
Alexander

Am 22.05.2009 um 04:23 schrieb Thijs Metsch:

> Hi folks,
>
> For our first session there are still some open time slots for
> presentations. I would love to see some presentations regarding OCCI
> or
> presentations which are in the broader field of OCCI. Optimal would be
> if you got a presentation which describes why OCCI is cool and why you
> and your team are working on it.
>
> On the last concalls I asked some of you if you could send me the
> presentations. You do not have to be at OGF in person, since I think
> we'll have a dial-in option in the room. So you can present via the
> concall while I switch the slides.
>
> For those of you, who stated they wanted to present something and want
> to present something, please send me the slides till Tuesday (next
> week).
>
> All the best,
>
> -Thijs
>
> --
> Thijs Metsch                        Tel: +49 (0)941 3075-122 (x60122)
> http://blogs.sun.com/intheclouds
> Software Engineer Grid Computing
> Sun Microsystems GmbH
> Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7               mailto:thijs.metsch at sun.com