[occi-wg] Events ?

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Wed May 20 01:01:17 CDT 2009

Gary,

The UML doesn't reflect the reality of the AtomPub meta-model, which is in
fact far more flexible. I don't care if you call your logical collections
"groups", "clusters", "virtual data centers" or "gaggles".

The categories have terms ("win2k3"), labels ("Windows 2003 Server") and
schemes ("http://purl.org/occi/category#os") and the very first category we
would be looking to define is of course the resource types (what Google call
"kinds") - that is, "compute", "storage", "network" (and according to NIST's
draft definition, in future "application" and "service" - though I'm not
sure about that).

Hierarchical grouping is something to talk about - do we use something like
a '/' separator ala /myvdc/myvrack, have pointers to "parent" objects, or
something else.

Ok have a flight to catch to London - see [some of] you there.

Sam