[occi-wg] Simple JSON rendering for OCCI

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Fri May 15 13:40:56 CDT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Alexander Papaspyrou <
alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de> wrote:

> Sam,
>
> Am 15.05.2009 um 13:02 schrieb Sam Johnston:
>
>  Also playing nice with other standards includes OGF standards of course...
>> is it safe to say these are mostly/soley done in XML?
>>

> yes. OGF is XML for data representation and WS* for service interfaces.
> While I agree that we should stay clean from the latter, I see no reason for
> rebuilding the features of the former just for the sake of avoiding to use
> it.

+1

I'd be interested to hear what Tim's thoughts are now he knows the bigger
picture. JSON makes absolute sense for the Sun Cloud, where its purpose is
to expose the functionality of a specific product, but less so when we need
to expose the current and future functionality of every product.