[occi-wg] Simple JSON rendering for OCCI -deployment configurations

Gary Mazz garymazzaferro at gmail.com
Thu May 14 02:13:07 CDT 2009

Alexis mentioned the ascii art failed, sorry...

here is a pdf

-gary

It sound like there is a consensus here to agree to disagree. Having
said that tongue in cheek, I'd have a few configurations issues I'd like
to propose as it pertains to rendering.

I've put it fixed font if it looks odd, change the font to a fixed version

The drawings are simple 2 node systems. The systems represent
integration points. You'll notice there are 2 interconnects between the
systems. A rendered format and a logical model. I discriminate between
the two, because, I believe they are two separate issues in terms of
interoperability.

I'm looking for consensus that these are the 4 simple models we will
most likely encounter in deployments.

-gary

1) OCCI Native Configuration

------------------       Native OCCI      ------------------
|                |          Format        |                |
|   System A     |<---------------------->|   System B     |
|                |                        |                |
------------------                        ------------------
   System A Model <========================> System B Model

2) OCCI Adapter Configuration

---------------------------------------
------------------       Native OCCI      |-----------
------------ |
|                |          Format        || OCCI    |<----------->|
System B | |
|   System A     |<---------------------->|| Adapter |   Foreign   |
(Foreign)| |
|                |                        |-----------    Format
------------ |
------------------
|                                     |

--------------------------------------
  System A Model <========================> System B Foreign Model
                      Model Transform

3) Foreign Adapter Configuration

---------------------------------------
------------------       Native Foreign   |-----------
------------ |
|                |          Format        || Foreign |<----------->|
System B | |
|   System A     |<---------------------->|| Adapter |     OCCI    |
(OCCI)  | |
|   (Foreign)    |                        |-----------    Format
------------ |
------------------
|                                     |

--------------------------------------
System A Foreign Model <=================> System B OCCI Model
                         Model Transform

4) Gateway Configuration

------------------    Native Foreign   -----------------     Native
OCCI     ------------------
|                |       Format        |               |
Format       |                |
|   System A     |<------------------->| OCCI Gateway
|   (Foreign)    |                     |               |
     |     (OCCI)     |
System A Foreign Model
                                       Model Transform