[occi-wg] Simple JSON rendering for OCCI

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Tue May 12 18:02:34 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Sam Johnston <samj at samj.net> wrote:

> One of the reasons I'm pushing the point is because I'd actually like to be
> permitted to use the fruits of our labour.

Just to throw a format out there that seems to have been left off the list
and yet was designed from the ground up as an efficient data serialization
format for decentralized grid/cloud computing, what about Protocol Buffers?
 I realize that using ProtofBuf in a majority of use cases being discussed
on this list would be extreme overkill.  But by its very nature, cloud
computing tends to encourage the hucking of large amounts of data from one
node and from one cloud to the next.  In cases such as this where Interop
between disparate platforms, systems, languages, etc. come par for the
course, and therefore cleanly fit into the OCCI charter, shouldn't
considerable thought be put into using the format best suited for the task
at hand?

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
Co-Founder & Chief Architect, 3rd&Urban, LLC
Email: m.david at 3rdandUrban.com | m.david at amp.fm
Mobile: (206) 999-0588
http://3rdandUrban.com | http://amp.fm |
http://broadcast.oreilly.com/m-david-peterson/