[occi-wg] Simple JSON rendering for OCCI

Chris Webb chris.webb at elastichosts.com
Tue May 12 09:52:49 CDT 2009

CEW <eprparadocs at gmail.com> writes:

> An XML parser isn't any more difficult than writing any other one.

Really? I must be missing a trick here! In a number of places both inside
our public cloud platform and in client code that interacts with it, I have
the following parser code in bash for our simple KEY VALUE format:

  local KEY VALUE
  while read KEY VALUE; do
    case "$KEY" in
      [dispatch table]
    esac
  done

I'm delighted to hear that I could just as easily and cheaply be using XML
as my interchange format at this point, and given this, perhaps I should be
doing so. Would you care to illustrate?

Cheers,

Chris.